Sippo is the name of a WebRTC product family authored by Quobis which includes the following products:
- Sippo WebRTC Application Controller (or Sippo WAC): the server which provides the services.
- Sippo WebRTC Apps: reference web applications which leverage the main features provided why the WAC. Two current application available:
- Sippo Web Collaborator: Reference enterprise WebRTC softphone
- Sippo Click To Call: Reference customer contact WebRTC softphone
While the Sippo WAC is the element that manage all the complexity for launching the service, like:
- Multi signaling mechanisms
- SIP over WebSockets (RFC 7118)
- JSON over WS APIs
- REST-based APIs
- Identity Management
- User provisioning
- Security Control
- Policy Control
- Statistics and logging
- Address book synchronization
- Browser abstraction layer
An example of pre-built application is Sippo Web Collaborator, a fully-featured corporate client with advanced capabilities that works with the Sippo WAC, with key features like:
– Rich communications suite that support different unified communication methods with no need to install or update anything in the user devices.
– Features to manage seamless integration with existing NGN, IMS or VoIP networks of services providers or enterprises.
– APIs to manage user provisioning, OSS and BSS.
– Carrier-class high availability solution with fully standards based features.
– Also available as application for smartphones.
But in some scenarios, this type of pre-build applications is not enough as customer as demanding some specific features like fully-integration on existing mobile applications or third party applications like agents suites of contact center platforms.
Using the Sippo building-blocks is the best way to accommodate the flexibility that the customer is demanding to and effective time-to-market strategy, as you will take advantage of code, modules and functionalities that have been developed previously.
To learn more about the different possibilities to have your application ready-to-use, please ask you representative at Quobis.